Clove essential oil, if you go on counting the benefits if this oil then it’ll take you quite some time to realize that its benefits are many and that counting them on fingers is not possible. The oil is highly antiseptic in nature and is sharp. Here are the top 12 benefits of clove leaf oil –
- Athletics foot, nail fungus, & skin problems: Clove oil is just as effective as oil of oregano in treating these conditions. It can be applied directly to the skin or nails, but if skin is sensitive or broken it must be diluted with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- Antioxidant: Clove essential oil is the powerful antioxidant of any fruit or herb — see the article at the end which compares antioxidant capabilities of a few essential oils.
- Antiseptic Uses: Clove oil is the active ingredient in several mouthwashes and a number of over-the-counter toothache pain-relief preparations.
- Cold Extremities: Clove oil stimulates circulation, and blood flow to the skin, making it very useful for people who have cold extremities.
- Colds, Flu, Bronchitis, Fever & Whooping Cough: Cloves fights germs, viruses and bacteria, and it encourages the loosening of phlegm from the respiratory system. It also promotes sweating with fevers, colds, and flu, which is very healing. It is often used in remedies for whooping cough.
- Depression: This powerful herb also has the ability to relieve depression.
- Digestive Aid: Like many culinary spices, clove may help relax the smooth muscle lining of the digestive tract. A few drops of the oil in water will stop vomiting, and clove tea will relieve diarrhea, gas, bloating, intestinal spasms and nausea.
- Eyes: Clove also helps prevent the breakdown in the retina of the eye, which slows down macular degeneration and aids vision in old age.
- Fatigue & Drowsiness: Researchers found that sniffing the spicy aroma of cloves reduces drowsiness, irritability, and headaches. It stimulates the mind, increases memory recall, and relieves mental fatigue.
- Headache: One drop of clove oil applied to the roof of the mouth can instantly relieve many headaches.
- Insect Repellent: Clove, when used with citrus oils, is an effective insect repellent!
- Pain: Long used in aromatherapy to relieve pain, it is also uplifting oil with a delightful scent. For general pain relief, add 3 drops of clove oil to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. It is also used topically to relieve general aches and pains.
Okay, now go through our reference links now -